Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Converting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davidsanchez
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - March 07 2023 :  11:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On page 150/368 of VP-ASP Shopping Cart Version 7.01 User Guide it discusses convertproducts.asp script. I need to do this to my database . Could you please tell me where to look. Could you also advise whether level3 regarding multiple subcategories is a) working & b) whether numbers entered into the ccategory & subcategoryid also need to be included?

e.g. I need a product to be in the following categories 34,16,37,18 I entered ccategory 34, subcategoryid 16, level3 37,18 is this correct.

danielrichardson
VP-CART Super User

Australia
276 Posts

Posted - March 07 2023 :  13:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way you have described the above is correct in regards to applying multiple categories to a single product.
Hi David,

You firstly import your products file with the level3 field containing the string of categories which you which to assign the product. This is how you set up your database before hand so that you can run the convertsql.asp script. It doesnt matter if you import or change the database directly. As long as you set the level3 field to hold a string of categories before running convertproducts.asp

Then when you run the convertproducts.asp file in administration, the script within will break that string up and assign those categories to the product.

We advise that you put the priority category in ccategory field and the others in level3. No need to enter it into the subcategoryid field as the categories table determines what the subcategory of a category is.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00