VP-CART offers one of the best value support systems in the industry. We think it's unfair to charge a flat rate for all support queries when your query could be one which is answered in ten minutes, that's why we operate a pay as you go support points system.
To make sure our new customers get off to the best possible start, we give away 50 free support points (worth $100) with every purchase of the VP-CART software. You get 12 months to use these points which is more than enough time to get your online store up and running. Don't forget, the answers to our most common queries can be found in our user guides, our customer forum, and our video tutorials.
Please note our Business Ready Plan customers receive free support for the lifetime of their contract.
If you require more support points, you can purchase them in bundles of 10,15,20,25,... 100.
Buy Support Points
Points can be redeemed through our online helpdesk. The number of points deducted depends on the complexity of the issue and the amount of time spent by our support staff investigating and providing a solution.
Bugs in the latest version of the software will not have points deducted. However, bugs in earlier releases will be charged points to fix. We recommend that you always use only the latest release of our software to ensure you have the most stable version for your site.
VP-CART Support cannot assist in the implementation of any new code on top of the default VP-CART package beyond essential troubleshooting. If your request requires changes to the codebase, you will be referred to our development team to provide You a quote.
If you purchased through a reseller you will need to contact the reseller directly to obtain support.
The Fine Print
- In the interest of receiving a faster response and VP-CART Support not missing any of your emails, please post all queries to the helpdesk. Queries will no longer be accepted via email.
- A minimum of ten points will be charged for any non-bug related support query.
- No points are charged for sales queries.
- Business Ready customers receive free support for the lifetime of their contract
- If you discover a legitimate bug in the VP-CART 9.0 software, you will not be charged any support points for it to be fixed. However, if a bug is reported to us that is not legitimate, the relevant number of support points will be charged to you.
- If you discover a bug in an earlier release support points will be charged to fix. We release new versions to rectify any bugs so it is your responsibility to ensure you are running the latest software.
- If you do not have enough support points remaining to cover a query, a 'points quote' will be sent to you prior to us issuing a response.
- The number of points charged will correspond to the time it takes to rectify the issue.
- Large issues will be quoted prior to commencement.
- Issues with previous releases will have points assigned to them, as they are generally dealt with in later releases. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest version to ensure your store is as up to date as possible.
- Customizations cannot be paid for with Support Points.
- Support points for licenses purchased through resellers or developers will be assigned to the reseller or developer account, not the end user unless the reseller or developer purchases in the customer's name.
- Support points are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for other goods or services from VP-CART.
- Support points expire 12 months from purchase date.