Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Error in Safari on Mac
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - June 09 2021 :  08:09:09  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Customers with a Safari browser on Macintosch encounter an error when trying to place an order. Customer data is correctly recorded but the order is almost empty, only the name of the customer is saved.

I think this has to do with the GetCustomerSessionData subroutine in shop$db. The session data is not retrieved in the Safari environment, with other browsers everything works.

Has anyone encountered this same problem on vpcart 7.0? What can I do about it?

Erik
aquathermia.com

danielrichardson
VP-CART Super User

Australia
276 Posts

Posted - June 09 2021 :  08:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik,

Have you tried to set xsavesessioncookie, xsavesessionexpirydays, and xsessioncleanupinterval from software configuration?
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - June 09 2021 :  11:51:54  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I have the following settings:
xsavesessioncookie : Yes
xsavesessionexpirydays : 7
xsessioncleanupinterval : 168

Please note that everything works fine with other browsers, so I don''t think the problem is on the server side. I rather think that the problem is related to cookies or session variables.

I forgot to mention that my db is mysql. Please note that the ShopAddOrder subroutine is different then when using other databases with vpcart.

Thanks again for your comments.
Go to Top of Page

danielrichardson
VP-CART Super User

Australia
276 Posts

Posted - June 09 2021 :  12:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm, it seem you need to create a ticket to support soon, so they can looking at it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00