Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Collapsible/Dropdown/Read More
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shamoo
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - January 25 2022 :  10:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks,

I''m trying to create some collapsibles/dropdowns in a product listing/webpage so people can decide whether to get the reader''s digest or dive into a wall of text. I''m open to Read More buttons but I haven''t been able to get any type of them to work so far.

I like this approach more, but this one causes issues on my webpage: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_collapsible.asp
The webpage doesn''t like the Javascript. I get an error at the top of the page saying "Field i not in database" and when I click the collapsible, I get redirected to the shopping cart page.

This Bootstrap approach I can get to work, but I haven''t been able to format it in a more attractive way than what you see in this guide: https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/bootstrap_collapse.asp

I''m open to Read More buttons, like what you see at this guide, using no Javascript: https://levelup.gitconnected.com/collapsible-sections-with-or-without- -3fd871955a9d

What approaches have worked for you guys? Am I missing some important dynamics of VPASP here? Coding is definitely not my forte.

Thank you for your help, if you''re willing!

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - January 26 2022 :  19:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shamoo, are you putting the js code to product record? under what field?''how can i see your page?

diego.
Go to Top of Page

Shamoo
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - January 27 2022 :  09:28:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey diego, yes my html markup, CSS, and js are all in the product code in the long description. I''ve gotten the codes to work in try it editors but I can''t get it to work once I bring it over to vpasp. There''s a third method I like too that has no js, but the css keeps applying itself to the whole page when I bring it over. Here''s a link to the page *EDIT: link redacted- found the code would work on a webpage but not on a product listing.*

Edited by - Shamoo on February 01 2022 10:26:08
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - January 28 2022 :  02:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your custom css seems to mix with vpasp css most likely and cause broken layout
maybe check which line of the custom css that would be the root of the problem???
diego
Go to Top of Page

Shamoo
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - February 01 2022 :  10:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This morning I pulled that portion of code out of the product listing and put it into a test webpage, where it works perfectly fine. Then I took that code out, put another nonfunctioning piece of code into that webpage, and it worked fine too. Any idea why these things work on webpages but not product listings?
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - February 02 2022 :  19:36:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in my opinion it may be a conflict between your custom css with vpasp css. i cannot give you a fix in here coz it will need to check each line of your custom css that have possibility of causing conflict with existing vpasp css and it will really take time for issue like this. how bout tryin'' to find other functionality that perhaps making no conflict with vpasp css? gud luck buddy!

diego
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00