Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart 8.00 Issues
 interesting formatting issue. Solved
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 20 2018 :  17:27:04  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was getting some of my shopdisplayproducts pages messed up. The side bars would move towards the center and overlap the center of the page.

I edit a product on that page and simple don''t change anything except to save it again. I do this to every product on the poorly formatted page. Once I have re-saved all the products, the page formats fine.

I found this change.

Before the save I have this code in my product description:

<div class="productdesc">25 x 80 mm Cellulose Extraction Thimbles 25/pk<br><br><font color=red size=1><b>*A $200.00 minimum purchase on all Ahlstrom product orders. You can mix different Ahlstrom products to meet this minimum. <font color=black>

<br /> <a href="/xxxx/shopa_addproduct.asp?page=1&which=23196&IDField=catalogid&table=products&Database=">Edit</a></div>

No reviews

</div>

After I save it changes it to :

<div class="productdesc">22 x 80 mm Cellulose Extraction Thimbles 25/pk<br />
<br />
<span style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 8pt; color: red;">*A $200.00 minimum purchase on all Ahlstrom product orders. You can mix different Ahlstrom products to meet this minimum. <span style="color: black;"> </span></span>

<br /> <a href="/xxxx/shopa_addproduct.asp?page=1&which=23195&IDField=catalogid&table=products&Database=">Edit</a></div>

No reviews

</div>

----------

My products are imported from an old 4.5 database so it has old html links and such in descriptions. I have over 28000 products and really can''t go through each one by one.

My question is, why does this change the formatting so badly and could it be just change :

<font color=red size=1>

to

<span style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 8pt; color: red;">
???

Not being very good at css, can someone explain why it screws up the formatting until I save it which converts that line aLONG WITH THE <BR>''S TO <BR />?

Edited by - apswater on April 25 2018 14:27:30

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 23 2018 :  10:04:18  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Solved. You can not have any old html in the cdescription or extendeddesc fields. It screws up the formatting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00