Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart 8.00 Issues
 SQL 2005 eidt record not working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dick
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - April 19 2018 :  11:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Dick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Recently I moved and converter my database from MS access to SQL 2005 Standard Edition. I can add and delete records but anytime the system uses shopa_editrecord.asp I get this error.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error ''80040e14''
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near ''=''.
/natstore/box1/shopa_editrecord.asp, line 1825

The sub getInputValues does not provide any. Database looks OK.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 19 2018 :  20:49:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dick,

The issue will be when the database was converted using the SQL Server migration tool a lot of the table structures will have been corrupted.

If you do not wish to create the database structure using our scripts the only way to ensure there are no issues is to go through our creation scripts and compare each table and field with what the property is in our script.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Customer Support
Go to Top of Page

Dick
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - April 20 2018 :  10:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Dick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,
You are correct it was the SQL database…
The reason to upgrade to SQL was because of the TLS 1.2 upgrade to a new server.
Unfortunately the migration tool did not work for me because of two reasons.
First - the new server would not support my access database so I tried to use the MS access program to create an SQL DB. That got me up and working but created the edit problems.
Second – The migration tool only seems to work if all the tables are correct.
What I needed to do was build a DB from scratch using your installation program with the demo option. This gave me a working DB without errors. Now I need to rebuild all the products and orders. Don’t believe I can use the import feature because ID and features number would be incorrect any idea on the best way to do this.

Dick
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 22 2018 :  22:55:59  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dick,

TLS is catching a great many people out unfortunately through no fault of their own. Has been a frustrating process for all of us.

You can use the copydb tool for this. Actually, this is possibly the only way you can do it to ensure the integrity of the ID''s.

You can run it on the SQL db with the issues as you are just bringing the data across and not the structure. No need to run it on the access database as this is now most likely out of date anyway.

And yes, you are correct. All tables must match first or there will be issues with the copying process.

If you get stuck and need us to do this for you just post a ticket in our helpdesk and our team will send through a quote.

https://helpdesk.vpcart.com

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Customer Care Team
Go to Top of Page

Narlax
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - April 24 2018 :  03:57:26  Show Profile  Visit Narlax's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the support. i was having the same issue but now its solved
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00