Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 when Comm100 is down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - December 26 2012 :  09:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may be the wrong location for this topic and if so I apologize in advance. I like many use the Comm100 chat system. Whenever the Comm100 people are having problems it essentially shuts down my site. I noticed that it does the same thing to the VPASP site also; when I had the problem a few days ago I came looking for answers here and couldn't get past the default page.
Has anyone figured out a way to get around this when Comm100 is having problems on their end?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 02 2013 :  06:51:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a great question and one I would be interested to hear an answer on as well.

What would be good is to maybe have a script that could detect if their servers are being over loaded and this would then hide the link from your site until working properly again.

Not sure if feasible?

Biggest problem I see is it can bring down your site or at least slow it down dramatically and this will impact your Google rankings now.

I like Comm100 but our tech team has to on a monthly or so basis remove the code from our site to ensure it is running smoothly.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp

Did you know VPASP now offers premium Cloud based e-commerce web hosting?

Ask me for more details on how we can help you with a complete solution to your
online needs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00