Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart Hosting
 Server Requirements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maver759
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - July 21 2010 :  06:19:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have run a couple of searches on this forum and looked through the documentation, but am unable to find any detailed information on the server hardware requirements.

Could anyone give me an indication of the hardware requirements (Processors, RAM, Storage, estimated bandwidth requriements, etc)

If anyone has done a study with reccomended specifications for volumes and break points that would be first prize, otherwise if any forum members could just share their experiences with me, it would be highly appreciated.

We expect to have around 10 000 products in the database and are plannning on using MYSQL (unless someone can convince me otherwise). We have no idea on how many hits to cater for or to expect per day.

We did consider the hosted service, but the latency and other issues for hosting offshore are too risky at the moment. We have a local data centre partner who offer either dedicated or VM type hosting as a service, but I need to estimate the initial costs.

Thanks in advance

Vernon

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 21 2010 :  21:48:56  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vernon,

For our hosting we use both physical dedicated boxes in one data center and VM instances in a cloud environment at the other.

I would recommend using a minimum of 1Gb of RAM for both options. If you can add more it will certainly make things run nicer.

You can set it up as a 64 bit server however please note IIS will need to be set to run in 32 bit compatibility mode.

Bandwidth is hard as this will depend totally on your site and how many visitors you have. For our shared plans we offer a minimum of 10gb per month and up to 40gb a month on the Platinum.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000