Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Search Engine Optimisation
 Categories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fredbuyer
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - November 04 2007 :  16:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All

I am trying to add a titles, keywords, and descriptions to categories. These should be seen from the source code. Page 191 of the user manual shows that:

catdescription = title
catmemo = description
catdescription = keywords

However, when I enter these values into the relevant fields, instead of the keywords and descriptions being added into the source code of the "/shopdisplaycategories.asp" page. They physically appear on this page underneath the category images.

Could someone please let me know how I can switch this, so that any values entered are added into the source code for SEO?

Regards

Fredbuyer

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - November 05 2007 :  11:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you mean by "values entered are added into the source code for SEO"? If you mean hiding the text so that spiders can see it but users cannot then this is black hat stuff and any reputable ecommerce site should not be doing this.

You can alter the templates for the categories so that the wording does not show, but as far as I know you can't add the contents of the category fields to the source code without it being visible to users (and quite rightly so).

Steve
www.temptationsdirect.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

fredbuyer
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - November 07 2007 :  04:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we obviously aren't trying to do anything that is "black hat".

For the optimisation, so that people can possibly find these categories through the search engines, I wish to add meta tags, keywords and descriptions to the categories. Just like it can be done with web site text, where keywords are added to the source coding.

This can be done, but we are looking to have the text input to the back end of the shopping cart in the relevant fields, showing up in the source code - nothing underhand about it!

Fredbuyer
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - February 20 2008 :  09:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I haven't got back on this. Various problems - business, kids, christmas, kids, running around like a maniac, kids etc.

If you haven't sorted this out yet, you need the shopheaders.asp file and some extra fields in the relevant tables, (we use extra fields that are already there but not used).

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00