Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Search Engine Optimisation
 Dynamic keywords and descriptions.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DrApple
VP-CART New User

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - September 10 2007 :  06:35:37  Show Profile  Visit DrApple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have re-arranged default.asp so a range of special products display first and then some home page content which is some static brand advertisting and extrenal links.

The description is coming up as the first sentance of the page content but fairly messed up as it is pulling content out of html tables. It isn't really indicative of the overall site description as it is a brand advertisement. The products above the advert are being ignored.

I am not getting any keywords on the home page at all. Where should they be coming from? Content header?

Product sub pages do have decriptiosn and keywords but internal search result pages don't.

Can I get the home to generate keywords and description based on the products displayed or do I just have to abandon the dynamic idea and set them manually in shopage header?

Regards
David Appleby

DrApple

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - September 10 2007 :  16:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to manual ( page 186 ) content pages metas created and info pulled from following............

Title tag is pulled from message field
Description tag is pulled from message2
Keywords tag is pulled from other1 field

Hope that helps !

If you decide shappage header route you will likely find th same as i did , if you manually put meats in the shop header it overwrites the metas on ALL OTHER PAGES

I m still trying to find solution to this and have been having a grump on a couple of other threads about it:-)

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

DrApple
VP-CART New User

Australia
74 Posts

Posted - September 10 2007 :  19:02:46  Show Profile  Visit DrApple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Other1! OK I missed that the content used a different field to products for keywords. Pg 189 in my manual but close. Thanks for the info.

DrApple
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - September 10 2007 :  19:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
interesting , mines is defo 186 , wonder what wondeful info i am missing in the missing 3 pages !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00