Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 multiple shops
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - February 06 2007 :  12:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys I run one database of 450 products , using version 6.09.

Lets call main site www.mainsite.com

and want to run 3 shops that basically just sell portions of the one big database
www.mainsite.com/shop1
www.mainsite.com/shop2
www.mainsite.com/shop3

So where do i start , I want to just pick out certain catagories from the main databse in each shop but do i first put another copy of VPASP in each folder , can I then put a template over each shop in each folder , do I need BYZ multiple directory add-on ?

Just cant get my head round what i need to do with this new version. previously I just built an html front in each folder and put a link for each catagory ..... dont want to do that this time ... would like to use the new vpasp style on each shop and simply change colours add differnet headers for each shop

Any info to get me started would be appreciated

PAUL

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 11 2007 :  00:26:34  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,

We have an FAQ on how to set up multiple sites to run from the one database.

In version 650 we will also have the ability to have a product appear in multiple sites or all.

Currently it works so that a product can only appear in one or all sites.

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=602#788

Basically you create 3 folders for example and call them shop1, shop2 and shop3. You can name these whatever you like, these are just for example.

In the database you need to make a copy of the configuration table for each site you will be running and update the shop$config.asp file to point to the relevant config table.

In the shop$config.asp in each site in xproductmatch you insert the name of the folder.

Make sure the xshopid is different in all folders as well.

In the online set up switch xproductmatch to Yes for the sites you wish to limit the display of items in.

Now when editing products and categories you need to insert the name of the folder into each record.

This will now hide items unless they match the settings in the admin.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

SChivers
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  09:55:27  Show Profile  Visit SChivers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does this only work in Version 6.50
Go to Top of Page

borisvel
Starting Member

Slovenia
47 Posts

Posted - June 30 2011 :  10:06:41  Show Profile  Visit borisvel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi Paul,

We have an FAQ on how to set up multiple sites to run from the one database.

In version 650 we will also have the ability to have a product appear in multiple sites or all.

Currently it works so that a product can only appear in one or all sites.

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=602#788

Basically you create 3 folders for example and call them shop1, shop2 and shop3. You can name these whatever you like, these are just for example.

In the database you need to make a copy of the configuration table for each site you will be running and update the shop$config.asp file to point to the relevant config table.

In the shop$config.asp in each site in xproductmatch you insert the name of the folder.

Make sure the xshopid is different in all folders as well.

In the online set up switch xproductmatch to Yes for the sites you wish to limit the display of items in.

Now when editing products and categories you need to insert the name of the folder into each record.

This will now hide items unless they match the settings in the admin.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Hi,

i tried to setup two shops, version 6.094. I have two problems:

I defined database relative path for second shop as ../database/ . I get error message

Open Messages
'[removed by support]' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

How should be relative path defined?

2. If i click let say Contact us at http://www.finechance.com/personaliziranadarila/shopcustcontact.asp
i get this error message

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
ADODB.Connection (0x800A0E78)
Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
/personaliziranadarila/shopcustcontact.asp, line 261

Thanks and kind regards, Boris
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 30 2011 :  11:51:10  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there's no "/" on the end if using relative paths, ie your setting in shop$config.asp should be something like:

const xdblocation="../database"

(or you can use "DRIVE" as the type and then use the full server path for the xdblocation, and in that instance you also don't have a "/" on the end)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

rmgolf
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - November 28 2011 :  11:17:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Am trying to setup two sites have completed all the necessary actions in shopconfig okay but when creating the second foler on my root directory what do I copy into it at present I have just copied the complete folder of my first site to it and then deleted the database from that copy but everytime I try and log into the second site I get an error message. I know that my changes have worked if I set the product match to site2 and then run site1 that product no longer shows.
Would be grateful for any help.

Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - January 06 2012 :  04:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rmgolf, i think there are more steps needed to setup two site using 1 db, i read that from user manual of vpasp chapter 25.1 Run two or more shops off the one database – Product Matching, if not wrong. maybe you can find out there.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00