Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 mobile loading of bootstrap
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 05 2020 :  10:54:18  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I''m working on optimizing my website. As part of that, I''m using pagespeed insights with google developer tools. It is indicating that third-party javascript loading is slowing things down with both mobile and desktop versions of the website. Specifically, boostrap, googleapis, and some of the tracking software.

I was able to eliminate the problems with the tracking software by using defer and asynch in the > coding in shoppage_trailer and shopfrontpage_trailer. Defer and asynch has also reduced the problem on the desktop version of the site for boostrap and googleapis.

However, the mobile load time is still horrible, and the culprit seems to be bootstrap and googleapis. Does anyone know, is VPASP calling these scripts for mobile from another location in the software? Should I be looking someplace else?

The Internet''s #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.

Alex123
VP-CART Super User

USA
223 Posts

Posted - January 06 2020 :  15:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may compare the source code of your website with another vpcart website to see whether the scripts mentioned are used. Sometimes high image size, custom code, loading external data etc. also found causing problem. Would be good if you can go through the details deeply.

-Alex
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 07 2020 :  00:11:12  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Google Developer Tools already drills down and analyzes what is taking time to load. As stated, the largest culprit is third-party javascript loading, in particular bootstrap and googleapis. I was able to eliminate the issue on the desktop version of the website with defer and asynch. That did NOT resolve the problem with the mobile website, it is still taking a long time to load bootstrap and googleapis.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 07 2020 :  01:25:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lori,

Hope you had a great holiday season.

Thanks for letting us know about this one.

Our tech guys have jumped onto it and released and patch file plus it will also be included in our next main update release as well.

You can download the patch for bootstrap speed up from here:

https://www.vpcart.com/sales/addons900.asp" target="_blank"> https://www.vpcart.com/sales/addons900.asp

If you find anything else let us know!

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam Flanigan
VPCart Product Support
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 07 2020 :  12:42:16  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cam, you are my favorite IT dude. Thanks so much!

Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 07 2020 :  13:19:44  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, here is the next question.

I have v8.something. Will those files work for v8, and if so, where do I need to upload the two .min files?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 08 2020 :  19:57:35  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lori,

Yes It will work as v8 is also built with bootstrap 3.2 but instead of "plugins" directory, you should upload it to "common" directory.

Let me know if this does not work

Thanks
Bryan Giray
VPCart Support
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 08 2020 :  20:42:39  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is not working.

I uploaded the files to common (so, common>bootstrap>filename).
I updated the files in shoppage_header and shoppage_trailer as directed, changing ''plugins'' to ''common''.

I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error ''800a000d''

Type mismatch: ''generate_js_css_filestring''

/shopdisplayproducts.asp, line 0

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 13 2020 :  19:00:55  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

instead of generate_js_css_filestring Please change the following code:

for shoppage_header.htm:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="common/bootstrap/bootstrap.min.css" />

for shoppage_trailer.htm:
jQl.loadjQdep(''common/bootstrap/bootstrap.min'');

Let me know if this does not work

Thanks
Bryan Giray
VPCart Support
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - February 04 2020 :  10:09:43  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The page is functional with those changes, but it isn''t resolving the speed issues caused by bootstrap. If you go to Google''s Page Speed and type in beefolks.com, you''ll see what I mean. I was able to minimize nearly everything else.....

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 10 2020 :  22:10:38  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lori,

Our tech guys have had a look at your site and this is what they posted back to me:

===========================

Our investigations have raised a few points:

1. We have fixed the JS error in bootstrap.min. I believe the code changes made by a third party should be in bootstrap.min instead.

2. We have fixed the custom CSS issue that was not hiding the spinning circle at bottom.

3. Your site is loading fast from directly accessing your site, but Google is showing not desired result for mobile device.

3a. By increasing the score on mobile devices, we advice to move "loading CSS" from header to trailer (this method already built in with V9), it will eliminate the CSS render blocking issue that reported by Google.

If client is interested we can provide quote on moving the loading CSS from header to footer so it is the same as VPCart 9.

===========================

If you would like a quote for our guys please feel free to post a ticket in our helpdesk at:

https://helpdesk.vpcart.com

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Product Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00