Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Free shipping by oshiptown
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - December 24 2019 :  16:48:57  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am interested in setting up a free shipping option that appears only for people in specific towns. I have the option set up currently as "Free shipping option for Town A", but obviously people who do not live in Town A are also choosing this shipping option.

How would I set something up to offer free shipping to only people in Town A?

The solution to this is slightly outside my programming abilities. Does anyone have a solution?

(I want to use this to offer free shipping to military APO addresses. However, it could also be used to offer free shipping to areas struck by disaster, or even free delivery within your hometown.)

The Internet''s #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - December 26 2019 :  06:39:04  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It doesn''t really reply to your question, but my solution is related to it. I created an extra field in the customer table : customerfreeshipping. Free shipping is granted to this specific customer if the order amount is greater than the value in the customerfreeshipping field. For some customers, this value is equal to zero allowing free shipping for any order.

Erik
aquathermia.com
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 08 2020 :  00:48:34  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That would not work in my instance. I need something set up as a shipping option that appears only when shipping to a specific location.

The Internet''s #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 08 2020 :  14:35:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

The shipping by state option will be suitable to achieve free shipping based on certain region. Please refer the following helpguide.

https://helpnotes.vpcart.com/userguide900/#!Documents/shippingbystate.htm

Thank you,

VPCart Customer Care Team
www.vpcart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00