Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Announcements
 Mega Menu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lawrence
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - August 15 2019 :  00:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi There, need more information on the Mega Menu, How does it work, is it easy to customise on the go and what are the business benefits.

Edited by - lawrence on August 15 2019 00:06:06

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 15 2019 :  01:06:27  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Lawrence,

Mega menu is the enhanced Menu Manager. We used the Mega Menu plugin (https://www.megamenu.com) to enhance our existing Menu Manager.

Some of benefits using Mega Menu:
- It will allow you to create until 4th tiers of sub menu
- You don’t need to click “Reload Menu” everytime you make changes to your menus like what we have in our old versions, more easier for you now!
- Able to upload image for your menu
- New Menu type option for "category", allow you to display all categories as top menu.
and many more...

Please refer to our User Guide chapter below for more info:
https://helpnotes.vpcart.com/userguide900/#!Documents/settingupsitenavigationmenumanager.htm

Thank you
VPCart Admin
Go to Top of Page

petermc
Starting Member

Ireland
17 Posts

Posted - August 19 2019 :  03:50:40  Show Profile  Visit petermc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The megamenu plugin that you are using on the vpcart.com site - is that already built into V9, or does it need to be installed as an add-on?

I've signed up to the megamenu pro and have the license key.

www.candlewarehouse.ie
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 19 2019 :  18:53:12  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Peter,

The Mega menu feature comes inbuilt with VPCart 9 and our VPCart.com site uses this feature.
Also we could see your website www.candlewarehouse.ie is already using this mega menu feature.

Thank you,

VPCart Customer Care Team
www.vpcart.com
Go to Top of Page

petermc
Starting Member

Ireland
17 Posts

Posted - August 21 2019 :  04:38:13  Show Profile  Visit petermc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks - I've worked it out. It's far simpler than I thought :) To replicate your style (which is fab) I just need to re-arrange my categories and change font.

www.candlewarehouse.ie
Go to Top of Page

Alex123
VP-CART Super User

USA
223 Posts

Posted - August 21 2019 :  17:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. the menu in your website looks fabulous and glad to hear that v9 is much simpler to use :)
I am also using v9 and love it.

Alex
Go to Top of Page

petermc
Starting Member

Ireland
17 Posts

Posted - August 24 2019 :  18:04:14  Show Profile  Visit petermc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Alex - I''ve made more changes and am now happy with what I''ve done.

Customers can now use the top menu bar to find out anything and everything.

This type of ease of operation and viewing of products and information gives customers confidence in the store.

I love the way it works on mobile too.
:)

www.candlewarehouse.ie

Edited by - petermc on August 25 2019 14:10:25
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - August 29 2019 :  07:34:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I have a mega menu that shows both pics and a brief summary of my products with a direct link to a page
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - August 29 2019 :  07:41:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I get a uniformed product image on the mega menu and also to have a proper mobile menu display on mobile
Go to Top of Page

swampthink
VP-CART New User

106 Posts

Posted - August 29 2019 :  07:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lawrence

Can I have a mega menu that shows both pics and a brief summary of my products with a direct link to a page

looks like you similar with the following vpcart video tutorial:

https://helpnotes.vpcart.com/kb/618-VPCart-9-Video-Tutorials/1322-Video-Tutorial---Design-manager---How-to-create-Mega-Menu-With-Left-Side-Images/

and more:
https://helpnotes.vpcart.com/kb/618-VPCart-9-Video-Tutorials/
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - August 30 2019 :  00:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello team, i have sign up for a trial store to play with but am having some challenges with the mega menu, i can''t seems to make the image and the content side by side on the mega menu, the images seems to go under the text when created. any help?
Go to Top of Page

lawrence
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - August 30 2019 :  01:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to display images from my category called dresses on the mega menu, but it keeps changing the menu name to the name of the category call dresses, any help on resolving this?
Go to Top of Page

Oju Oge
Starting Member

Nigeria
8 Posts

Posted - August 30 2019 :  01:23:22  Show Profile  Visit Oju Oge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi There,

I am setting up my v9.0 store (hey you guys did an awesome, job on this by the way) so I am currently stuck and thus my question, How can I add two or more categories to a menu title on the Menu Manager?

Oge
Go to Top of Page

petermc
Starting Member

Ireland
17 Posts

Posted - August 31 2019 :  07:17:42  Show Profile  Visit petermc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oju Oge

Hi There,

I am setting up my v9.0 store (hey you guys did an awesome, job on this by the way) so I am currently stuck and thus my question, How can I add two or more categories to a menu title on the Menu Manager?

Oge

The mega menu takes all its direction from how you set up your categories.
see on my site www.candlewarehouse.ie

I used to have The candles, Elevation, special collections and flameless fragrance categories all different and they took up four head categories.

So I then created one master category "Yankee Candle" and made the "Candles", "Elevation", "Flameless" and "special collections" sub categories of the master category.

Then then have further sub categories.

So all the work is done in the standard category fields (yes to sub category, higher category = xxx etc)

Images can also be put into the category memo field - I keep mine to 325 x 150 to ensure then display well on mobile. I also enter the name of the category again and a brief description - the name is in "headline3" size which I believe helps with seo
Her''s an exxample
https://www.candlewarehouse.ie/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=86

Within the mega menu I have the master category set up, it then pulls all the sub categories and the sub categories of the sub categories.
I have it set as"Mega Menu with right side image" and then have Sub menu style set as "Column header display"

Hope that helps

www.candlewarehouse.ie
Go to Top of Page

swampthink
VP-CART New User

106 Posts

Posted - September 09 2019 :  07:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your site looks so sexy with awesome mega menu!! Thanks for your guidance!

quote:
Originally posted by petermc

quote:
Originally posted by Oju Oge

Hi There,

Oge

The mega menu takes all its direction from how you set up your categories.
see on my site www.candlewarehouse.ie

I used to have The candles, Elevation, special collections and flameless fragrance categories all different and they took up four head categories.

So I then created one master category "Yankee Candle" and made the "Candles", "Elevation", "Flameless" and "special collections" sub categories of the master category.

Then then have further sub categories.

So all the work is done in the standard category fields (yes to sub category, higher category = xxx etc)

Images can also be put into the category memo field - I keep mine to 325 x 150 to ensure then display well on mobile. I also enter the name of the category again and a brief description - the name is in "headline3" size which I believe helps with seo
Her''s an exxample
https://www.candlewarehouse.ie/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=86

Within the mega menu I have the master category set up, it then pulls all the sub categories and the sub categories of the sub categories.
I have it set as"Mega Menu with right side image" and then have Sub menu style set as "Column header display"

Hope that helps

www.candlewarehouse.ie

Go to Top of Page

Oju Oge
Starting Member

Nigeria
8 Posts

Posted - September 12 2019 :  05:18:56  Show Profile  Visit Oju Oge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi There,

Really enjoying the buzz of playing around with my new store but i need some information of the following,
a. I would like to change the layout of my store to something trendy with a taste of maturity in it.

b. Then is there a way I can transfer product content from my old store to my awesome new vpcart store

Thank You

Oge
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00