Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 PayPal payment error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doble_motorcycles
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  04:03:12  Show Profile  Visit doble_motorcycles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A number of our customers are contacting us after placing an order via PayPal, and they are saying that they are being told by our site that the payment failed. Although they are receiving this failure message the PayPal payment has gone through successfully and the order is on the VP-ASP backend. I have conducted some test orders and I do not see any error messages.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

doble_motorcycles
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  09:59:14  Show Profile  Visit doble_motorcycles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: I''ve just tried some additional tests and this time I experience the error.

I get redirected from PayPal to /paypalipnshopcheckout.asp and receive the error message "Your transaction failed
Either retry it or another payment method". Although the user gets this message the order is updated in the back end with all the PayPal transaction details.

Thanks, Stephen
Go to Top of Page

doble_motorcycles
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  12:27:30  Show Profile  Visit doble_motorcycles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From my debugging I can see that the issue is caused by the PayPal IPN call back not happening instantly, therefore when PayPal sends the user back to the site and it checks that the "ocardtype" is set to PayPal it finds nothing and tells the user that the payment has failed. Some seconds later the IPN callback happens and updates all the data correctly.

How best to resolve this?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  00:57:39  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Stephen,

Have you submit a ticket into our helpdesk so that our support team will be able to assist you for this issue ?

Thanks
VPASP ADMIN

Go to Top of Page

doble_motorcycles
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  04:36:41  Show Profile  Visit doble_motorcycles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

Dear Stephen,

Have you submit a ticket into our helpdesk so that our support team will be able to assist you for this issue ?

Thanks
VPASP ADMIN

I did but I don''t have any support points left (and don''t want to buy anymore) hence I have come here for some assistance. I''m hoping that since I have I spent the time to diagnose the issue you can point me in the right direction for a solution.

As a workaround I have updated the error message to show as follows:

Oops, something went wrong with PayPal talking to our site. This can potentially be caused by a delay in PayPal communicating your payment details to us.<br/><br/>Please wait 30 seconds and then click <a href=""/paypalipnresult.asp"">here</a> so that we can recheck your payment.

This allows time for the PayPal IPN callback to occur, and when the user clicks the link everything goes through successfully.

Thanks, Stephen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00