Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Retrieve Features for Product Removing From Cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bradrob
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - March 07 2013 :  11:39:42  Show Profile  Visit bradrob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys

What i am trying to accomplish is to retrieve the feature values for the product that i am removing from the cart.

Currently at the moment i am recording all of the feature value's for the products that are inserted in to the cart, when i remove the item from the cart i would like to know what the values of the features were that i have removed so that i can record these also.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

bradrob
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - April 10 2013 :  05:18:13  Show Profile  Visit bradrob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have managed to resolve this issue, but probably not the best way to do things as i have to extract the information from a large html string of the whole product information.

I will post full information on my blog regarding my method but basically here is a brief description of what i had to do.

ArrCart(cProductName, i)

This value from the cart array contains the whole html layout of the product in the cart, so when you complete your order normally the layout of the product on the screen when finished is the html in this field of the array, we want to save this to a variable. I have also requested the feature id numbers from the cart.

ArrCart(cProductfeatures,i)

Once i have the feature id''s from the cart i ran a query on the database to get me the string of text for the feature id i will use this to detect where to start and stop the instr function from.

Once i have got the lines of text using the instr function i will then need to clean it as it will contain html code for formatting, how you do this is your own choice whether you use the cleanchars built into the system or create your own.

Thanks
Brad

Edited by - bradrob on April 10 2013 05:26:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00