Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Cart Cookies Addon Error - discontinued items
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neilt
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - February 05 2013 :  07:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

When this addon was released there were some serious issues with the amount of items it could work with. This was addressed in an update but I've found another problem with it. I have tried taking this issue up with support who have acknowledged it but after almost 3 months of trying to get the issue examined and fixed (even pointing out lines of code where errors are occuring)- I'm now just being ignored.

The cookie code can not deal with items that have been discontinued and are no longer in the database. The product is restored into the cart anyway and causes errors for any code that looks for more information about the product.

This is really bad for any store that often removes products from their shop. I also wonder if it will cause problems for stores that have stock that often runs out. Any customer who returns to the site with a discontinued item may see a broken site and most likely not be able to check out...

I'm so surprised that such a serious flaw is being ignored and it also really makes me wonder what other issues with this addon there are remaining. It seems so badly planned and really poorly tested.

Has anybody found any other issues or coded a solution for this? We are building a site for a client and are seriously concerned that we will have to remove this feature from the site due to its instability.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00