Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 DB Location - Upgrading from 6.5 to 7.01
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gippy
Starting Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - January 27 2013 :  18:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I'm having issues with installing an upgraded site to a webserver in regards to the db location. The site works perfectly locally with the db location set to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wagongacoffee\database'.

However, when I've uploaded the site to the hosting server with the location set to wagongacoffee\database I get the following error:

error opening database : Open Messages
'c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\wagongacoffee\database\wagonga700.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

error opening database : Open Messages
'c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\wagongacoffee\database\wagonga700.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e7d'

The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.

/admin/wag-ctrl.asp, line 0

The last part of the string is correct, i.e. wagongacoffee\database\wagonga700.mdb'. Is there a way of keeping the path statement relative to the site and not back to the root of the server or do I need to know the entire folder path?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Gavin

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - January 28 2013 :  05:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gavin,

I think you will need the full path of the database on your host server so that it can be added to the $config file

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00