Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Editing top sellers list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sabhuku
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - April 05 2012 :  18:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have various categories on my online store. For each category I have a list of top sellers appear next to the extended description listing of each product. Is there a way to edit the top sellers list so that we can prevent an item from showing up in the top sellers list while allowing that item to be visible/searchable on the website?

The only way I could find was to use the "Hide" field in Product Admin but that way prevents the product from showing up on the website unless someone has a direct link.

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - April 09 2012 :  20:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I would suggest to check NavigateTopSeller routine in shopproductsubs.asp or perhaps shoptopsellers.asp file. As I think you might need to change the default code.

Alternatively, you could use the Featured Products option, as this will allow you to set certain products in the list.

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 10 2012 :  04:03:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only way to stop certain products from showing up on a top sellers list is to add a piece of code to shopproductsubs.asp
Here's how.
First choose an empty field in the products table eg pother3 (or create a new column) For any product that you do NOT want to show up in the top sellers list add No to this field.
In shopproductsubs.asp find the follwoing sub routine:
Sub TopTenProduceDetail (dbc,rs)Then find these lines:
if cint(dbproductstock) <= cint(stocklowlevel) then
hideprod = true
end if

and add the following code:
' *** 10.04.2012 Stop certain products from displaying in topsellers by using products pother3 field
dim showInTopTen
showInTopTen = prs("pother3")
if showInTopTen="No" then
hideprod = true
end if

Save, close and test.

Regards,
Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic