Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 New Orders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - March 29 2012 :  07:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I added an item to our cart, started the checkout process and entered all the needed information except for the credit card info. Right at that screen, I left and browsed to another web page. When I logged in as the admin, it showed my incomplete transcation as a new order. Why would VPASP do that? I didn't finish the order since I didn't enter payment info and did not get to the order confirmation page.

Any ideas?

Thanks
PD

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 29 2012 :  20:58:54  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

This is stored for marketing follow up purposes to resolve cart abandonment issues.

So if you have an order that was not completed you can do a follow up and try to close the sale or find out why they left.

The color of the order should be different though to indicate it is not a finished order.

There are settings in the config that you can enable if you do not want to keep this data.

xkeepcanceleditems
xkeepcanceledorders

Set these No if you want to have cancelled orders removed from the system automatically. It will not work in the scenario you have described above where the cart was abandoned however and these will need to be manually set to Failed.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp

Did you know VPASP now offers premium Cloud based e-commerce web hosting?

Ask me for more details on how we can help you with a complete solution to your
online needs.
Go to Top of Page

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - March 30 2012 :  11:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cam. I will make the appropriate changes and let our customer service know what they mean.

PD
Go to Top of Page

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - January 10 2013 :  12:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is an old post but I have a new question.

Once the order is in that state (without payment information). Can a user complete that order by entering payment information? It shows in their history as an order but they can't edit it from the "Review previous Orders" lookup screen.

Thanks

PD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00