Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 VPASP on MS SQL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - February 22 2012 :  04:46:33  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to optimise the shopping cart on our servers, given we will not move to different hardware/software I've carried out the following can anyone else suggest any other adjustment based upon the setup we are using (IIS7.5 web server & MS SQL 2008 Express Server) that will optimise the responsiveness of the servers whilst still remaining a dynamic site (i.e. no static pages)

I've tried to keep things I've removed to a module level as it is a bit of a trade off to when updates are released as you then have to marry the release into your code.

Removed from shop$db.asp
<!-- #include file="shopmysqlsubs.asp" -->
<!-- #include file="UTF8Filer.asp" --> - we don't allow blog or news comments this appears to be not required in the mainstream code.
<!-- #include file="captcha/captcha_configuration.asp" --> placed in shopcustcontact.asp, shopquestion.asp & shopmaillist.asp same for <!-- #include file="shopcaptchaxmlhttp.asp"--> (basically only in places where it was needed)

<!-- #include file="shoplanguagesubs.asp" --> only 1 language used
Set up a seperate shop$db.asp for the homepage and thus removed <!--#include file="shoprandomproducts.asp"--> from the main shop$db.asp as we only used random product on home page

From shopfileio.asp I've removed
<!--#include file="shoptellfriendsubs.asp"-->
<!--#include file="shopreviewssubs.asp"-->
and place the code directly in the shopfileio.asp as they were only 3 & 4 line sub routines thus figured it would save some file I/O times.

I've also set up a seperate shopfileio.asp file for checkout pages and removed:
<!--#include file="shopyoutube.asp"-->
<!--#include file="shopnewproductsub.asp"-->
<!--#include file="shopsharesub.asp"-->
This also allowed me to set up a check out process with more focus on checking out without distraction.

Set the database connection string to a static string in shop$db.asp rather than dynamically construct it every time.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Regards,
Phil.

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - March 10 2012 :  04:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
phil, well why not using the latest release files from vpasp, with tuning yourself especially the db string to static im affraid will have effect to other files.

This is just my thought.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - March 14 2012 :  10:26:20  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Diego,

Thanks for your reply, I tried applying the latest updates first and the system was still slow.

I appreciate that these changes may affect other functions however I tested the ones I have done using MS SEO tool so I am confident they work. The issue is the basic VPasp is trying to be all things to all men and thus by default supports 4 different database access methods.

By taking the 3 methods I don't us nor will ever use I have achieved a faster system.

Regards
Phil.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00