Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Licence for two sites
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neoshady
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - January 09 2012 :  06:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My clients wants a duplicate site on the same domain, to separate products. The products are the same type, just a different brand, but he has a reason to separate them. Is it within the terms of the licence to duplicate the site in this fashion, each will be in a subfolder, or one could be in a subfolder of the other?

Both will use the same parent domain, the same SSL certificate and the static page links from one will link back to the other.

It's definitely not a 'trick' to get two sites for the price of one, as technically it is possible for them to run as one shop.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 09 2012 :  15:09:19  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Absolutely no problem.

VP-ASP's licensing structure is very flexible - as long as each domain/business is owned by you then you can use the same license to build up to 5 stores. Either you or your client must be the sole owner of all stores.

If each store is owned by a different entity whether a company or an individual you will need to purchase a license for each store.

Please see our licensing faq for more information on when you can use the same license for multiple stores:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_howmany.htm

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp

Did you know VPASP now offers premium Cloud based e-commerce web hosting?

Ask me for more details on how we can help you with a complete solution to your
online needs.
Go to Top of Page

Ray69
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - January 11 2012 :  10:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'you can use the same license to build up to 5 stores. '

When creating additional sites do you enter the same value in const xordernumber as your original site

Thanks
Ray
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00