Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Browser display question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - March 28 2010 :  11:31:23  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This isn't really a specific 7.0 question, but it involves me doing a 7.0 upgrade. I've noticed that my logo in the upper left corner of the page looks nice and clean in IE, but looks grainy and harder to read in Firefox. Any ideas? Trying to find display settings of something in Firefox, but nothing related to this I can tell. Take a look if you can and recommendations are appreciated. My logo is a .GIF file if it matters.

vpasp7.redco.com

Thanks,
Chris

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - March 29 2010 :  20:40:10  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your rastering is at 72px per inch and with the extreme colors next to each other they are showing.
Usually when I have small files like this and mostly text I bump the pixels per inch to 92. 96 is the web limit.

Your original print image for letterheads and brochures was probably 300 or so and you reduced for web presence.
I copied from both firefox and ie and in my graphics editor it looks jagged. IE apparently is more forgiving and Firefox is apprently more accurate.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)