Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Changing product sort order for one category only
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anathanson
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  22:15:50  Show Profile  Visit anathanson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to sort the products of one category in a different way than the global sort setting?

xsortproducts controls the global setting, but I want to show products in one category in a particular order. Not ascending by price and not by cname alphabetical. Specifically by product position in the product line, entry level to advanced. I could enter the sort order as a number in a field on each relevant product. But I don't want to apply the change to all the other categories.

Any ideas, or is this beyond the capabilities of VPASP? I know I can use a particular template for products in that category, but also need to control sorting.

I used the Cat Extra field in the categories table to manually set the sort order for categories, by the way.

Thanks,

Alex

borisvel
Starting Member

Slovenia
47 Posts

Posted - February 01 2012 :  09:04:04  Show Profile  Visit borisvel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Anathanson,

i have the same wish as you, to make possible different product sorting for each categorie.

Did you solve somehow this problem, i see you had no feedback for this topic?

Thanks for your reply and kind regards, Boris

www.finechance.com www.personaliziranadarila.si www.lingerie.si
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 01 2012 :  10:32:44  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We did this a while ago for one of our clients, we had an admin-side popup where you could optionally change the ordering of the products for a given category (linked from the category and the product admin pages showing relevant info), and then on the customer-side it showed in that order for the relevant category.

It was actually quite a nice/neat solution, and easy to set the sorting as well in admin with the popup.

I'm not sure if vpasp have any plans to introduce that kind of thing, or how many people would be interested in it, but if there's an interest in it and vpasp have no plans to do it then we could wrap-up the code we've got as an addon and make the original client a sponsor (ie profit-split) and then release it as an addon.

anyway; post here or email me if you're interested in it, then I'll contact the original client to talk things over with them.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: