Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 VPASP 7.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

PetarB
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  02:02:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Long time fan of VPASP since v5. Each year we revise a few VPASP sites, and also suggest it to new ecommerce clients. Support, which can be a big issue, is second to none. And I like how we can customise it!

Having said this, it seems to be getting a bit long in the tooth. I know there are lots of features I would like to see, and perhaps a slightly revamped interface, but that's just me.

With our VPASP clients looking for an update in the new financial year, I would like to be able to tell them something... anything about VPASP v7.0

When
What features
What cost

I've had a look around, but can't find any info. Sorry if I've missed something.
Thanks, and looking forwards to VPASP 7.0!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  04:46:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Petar,

Very timely post. Well, version 700 is well along the way to being complete with the team working night and day on it to get it ready for release.

The new admin interface is completely different and we are including lots of fantastic new features in 700 to make managing your online store even easier.

We are continuing our push to using CSS more and more and will be releasing a number of completely CSS based templates for developers to use as a starting point.

While I cannot give out the release date as yet it is getting closer and closer! ;)

Once I get a firm ETA from our development team I will be jumping on here to let everyone know.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Data0999
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  18:08:35  Show Profile  Visit Data0999's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since this was posted in May, we're just wondering if there has been any updates to the release of 7.00?
Go to Top of Page

stuart125
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - June 05 2009 :  13:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm also very keen to find out if there is a new version just around the corner - I may be about to take the plunge with this software and it would seem silly to buy it and then have to upgrade again straight away!

Is it likely to be arriving soon?
Please feel free to email me directly if you do not wish to publish a date publicly!

Thanks,
Stuart
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 08 2009 :  17:06:33  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are aiming, and this is not confirmed by a long shot as this development is bigger than anything we have done before, for a late July, early August release.

If you purchase before the new version is released you will be able to download the upgrade for free. The same if you extend your license before the new version is released you will not only be able to download the new version for free you will also be able to upgrade at today's prices and avoid the price rise.

Thanks

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - June 09 2009 :  11:38:40  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any news on this -
Written on May 23rd in another thread:

>>Our marketing team is putting together a section now which will outline some of the great new >>features in 700.
>>
>>It wont be released for a week at least but it is being worked on currently.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Cam
>>VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - June 14 2009 :  19:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit it would be great to know whats happening with VPASP and version 7 and what's going to be included and missing.

VPASP is a great programme but there are areas that are lacking BADLY.

Im hovering on buying another cart at the mo and have some under test, if version 7 doesn't deliver the features of other super slick shopping carts that shoppers have come to expect then it will be a shame for VPASP.

We really need to know what version 7 will and will not include. If you say your as far along with programming as you are then you must know.

Regards,

Mark
Fireworks UK
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 15 2009 :  12:49:49  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Sorry for the delays.

As I mentioned we are making some huge changes to how everything works and will be announcing a list as soon as we can.

I think you will certainly be pleased with some of the updates we are adding.

Thanks for your patience!

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 15 2009 :  12:52:56  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a quick follow up for Mark I would be interested in hearing about some of the features you are interested in seeing.

If you get time it would be great if you could post a ticket in our helpdesk with some of the things you would like to see and I will have this forwarded to our planning and development team.

If anyone else has any features they would like to see please feel free to post as well and I will make sure all ideas are considered and discussed.

We want to make sure this new version is the best yet so feel free to let us know!

Thanks!

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 16 2009 :  03:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

would you like us to post our suggestions in this thread or through the ticket desk?

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 16 2009 :  07:58:56  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol,

If you post them in the helpdesk they can assigned directly to the developers to review and makes sure they don't get missed.

Thanks!

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jass
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - July 10 2009 :  08:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any updates on VPASP 7 - the css based one. We are currently changing the code in our version 6 to support CSS but it may be mch more fruitful to wait for this if its just around the corner.

Jass
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 30 2009 :  18:57:24  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are getting closer to being able to release the features list for version 700.

Some rough dates that have been suggested for version 700 are we will be asking for beta testers near the end of August and then are hoping to release version 700 live in September based on the findings of the beta tester teams.

When ready for beta testers we will be sending out a newsletter asking for interested parties to send in to us.

Thanks for your patience everyone! We are working very hard on this and want to make sure it is right.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

PetarB
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - August 05 2009 :  20:56:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really, really keen to see at least a beta features list. My clients are even more keen than me... which is not a good thing.
Go to Top of Page

mrprufrock
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - August 10 2009 :  14:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How will v7 be able to hand merchants who need to store the credit card #? We do recurring billing and don't even charge upon checkout. All orders and cards are downloaded into our order management software.

It's hard to grasp exactly whether we can even be PCI compliant and still do this? It's sort of a catch-22.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 10 2009 :  15:11:35  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

Unfortunately to be PCI compliant you will most likely not be allowed to store credit cards. PCI is about to become a very big headache for everyone not yet certified as time is running out for meeting their requirements.

You can receive certification using 650 but not easily with earlier versions.

We have just completed a true recurring system with AuthorizeNet though for version 650 so if interested please let me know through our helpdesk if you would like to be a beta user for this.

https://helpdesk.vpasp.com

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000