Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding a row to shoprestoreorder.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - January 24 2009 :  01:27:59  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anyone know how i might go about adding a row to the shoprestoreorder.asp (order history) page.

i would like to add a row where i can display the 1z numbers that can be added through the backend. It does not seem as though the customer has anywhere on the site where they can go to view 1z's so i would like to add it here.

Thanks

madbug
VP-CART New User

130 Posts

Posted - February 11 2009 :  17:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello There,

Do you mean by adding a column under the page "shopstatus.asp" ? as for "shoprestoreorder.asp" will redirect you to the "shopaddtocart.asp" page.

If you wish to create a new column under "shopstatus.asp", please follow the step below

1) Open "shopstatus.asp"
2) Locate the code:

Fields(7)="" ' keyword

modify it to:

Fields(7)="ocardtype" ' keyword
(enter the field name in your orders table)

4) Locate the code:

Captions(6)=getlang("LangStatusProcessed")

add in a new code below it:

Captions(7)="Payment Type"
(or, you can enter the language keyword, such as getlang("langcheckoutpaymenttype") for translation purposes)

5) Locate the code:

fieldcount=6

modify it to:

fieldcount=7

6) Save the file

The above changes will add in additional column for Payment Type and it will retrieve the data from the Orders table.

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - February 11 2009 :  19:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i considdered adding a col to the shop status pave, but the tracking number is very long (18 characters). there is not enough room horizontally on the screen to add that col and keep the page structure in tact.

from that page when the user click on their order number it brings up all of their order details.
Payment type
shipping information etc.

i was hoping to be able to add below shipping method

which for example currently returns
Shipping Method UPS Ground
Weight=1.2

Tracking number - 1z(account number) (service code) (package code) (check bit) = 18 bytes
or
tracking number = 1zXXXYYY0312345671

I just had a hard time finding where in the code the "shipping information" section was generated for the shoprestoreorder.asp file.
Go to Top of Page

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - February 11 2009 :  21:18:31  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
as i look through this, i'm thinking maybe the same routine is used to build this as the one that is used to display the "reciept" after you check out. making a check to see if the order was process, or if a 1znumber exists, then display the 1znumber would be perfect.
but i'm still at a loss for where the shipment information gets created. i dont think i see it in the shoprestoreorder.asp. i cant remember the file that gets called after checkout.
Go to Top of Page

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - February 11 2009 :  23:10:30  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, i figured it out!
In the file -
ShopFormatOrder.asp
there is a routine that creates the segment of the screen i was interested in
Sub FormatCustomer

DoHeader_Order getlang("LangFormatShippingInformation") prints the "shipping information" header
DoField_Order getlang("LangShippingMethod"),stroshipmethodtype prints the shipping method

below this I added
if strupstrackno <> "" then
Dofield_Order "Tracking Number", "<a href=""http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&InquiryNumber1=" & strupstrackno & """ target=""_blank"">" & strupstrackno & "</a>"
end if

if the tracking number is NOT blank the row will be printed with the tracking number in it as a link to UPS.com's tracking section target new window.

To get this working you must first define the variable you are going to use at the head of the shopformatorder.asp file
I chose
Dim strupstrackno

and you must also assign the variable a value from the query that reads the values in the order table.
Sub GetOrderData
strupstrackno = orders("upstrackno")
Go to Top of Page

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - February 13 2009 :  09:57:56  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I should also mention... this modification will also ad the tracking number with link to ups.com to the backend order view page. So after you first enter a tracking number you will be abkle to track them with two clicks from the vpasp backend.

Edited by - Admiral The X on February 28 2009 17:55:47
Go to Top of Page

Sew-N-2-U
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - April 16 2009 :  20:51:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also looking at changing the shopstatus.asp to show order #, date, products on the order, points, print.
I can figure out how to edit out the stuff I don't want, but how do I add the product name to show here so they don't have to open every order?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Patty
Go to Top of Page

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - April 16 2009 :  23:45:57  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
(vpasp 6.5)

in the shopstatus.asp file this section is responsible for creating those items

Sub OrderTableHeader Creates the header row.

this routine adds the fields
Select Case fields(i)
Case "RESTORE"
CreateRestoreLink fieldvalue, objrs("orderid")
Case "TRACK"
CreateTrackLink fieldvalue, objrs("orderid")
Case "PRINT"
CreatePrintLink fieldvalue, objrs("orderid")
case "ORDERAMOUNT"
fieldvalue=objrs(fields(i))
fieldvalue=shopformatcurrency(fieldvalue,Getconfig("xdecimalpoint"))
Case "OPROCESSED"
DisplayProcessed fieldvalue
case "ORDERID"
CreateViewLink fieldvalue, objrs("orderid")
case "OSTATUS"
DisplayStatus fieldvalue
case "OPOINTS"
if isnull(fieldvalue) then
fieldvalue=getlang("langcommonNo")
end if
' VP-ASP 6.50
Case "RMA"
CreateRMALink fieldvalue, objrs("orderid")
Case Else
end select

at the end of that there is a writeline which writes each row to the table

response.write ReportDetailColumn & fieldvalue & ReportDetailcolumnEnd

if you change the header literals and modify the items output for each row you should be able to make the page display what ever you like.

Air Armory - Airsoft
http://www.AirArmory.com - shop
http://sitrep.airarmory.com - news
Go to Top of Page

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - April 17 2009 :  00:47:23  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just did the following mod - removed the "status" field, renamed the "track" field to "Msg" because its for sending tracking messages not for tracking packages, and made the processed field say yes, no or a UPS 1z tracking number with link to UPS.com
OrderFormatRow...

Case "OPROCESSED"
DisplayProcessed fieldvalue, objrs("upstrackno") 'added the passing of the tracking number

Sub CreateTrackLink (fieldvalue, oid)
dim my_link
my_link="shopcusttracking.asp?oid=" & oid
fieldvalue="<a href=""" & my_link & """>" & "Send" & "</a>" 'changed "YES" to send
end sub

Sub DisplayProcessed (fieldvalue, UPSTrk)
'VP-ASP 6.50 - broadened defintion of IF statement to cover cases where xmysql hasn't been set
if ucase(xdatabasetype) = "MYSQL" OR ucase(xdatabasetype) = "MYSQL351" OR getconfig("xMYSQL")="Yes" then
If fieldvalue then
fieldvalue=1
else
fieldvalue=0
end if
end if
if fieldvalue<>0 then
if UPSTrk <> "" and isnull(UPSTrk) <> true then
fieldvalue = "<a href=""http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&InquiryNumber1=" & UPSTrk & """ target=""_blank"">" & UPSTrk & "</a>"

else
Fieldvalue = "Yes"
end if
else
fieldvalue=getlang("LangCommonNo")
end if
end sub

Sub OrderTableHeader
dim i
Fields(0)="ORDERID"
Fields(1)="ORDERAMOUNT"
Fields(2)="Odate"
Fields(3)="ofirstname"
Fields(4)="olastname"
'Fields(5)="OSTATUS" 'comment status and renumber array
Fields(5)="OPROCESSED"
Fields(6)="" ' keyword
Fields(7)="" ' keyword
Fields(8)="" ' keyword
Captions(0)=getlang("langStatusOrderNum")
Captions(1)=getlang("LangStatusAmount")
Captions(2)=getlang("LangStatusDate")
Captions(3)=getlang("LangCustFirstName")
Captions(4)=getlang("LangCustLastName")
'Captions(5)=getlang("LangStatusStatus") 'comented status and renumber array
Captions(5)=getlang("LangStatusProcessed")
fieldcount=5 'REDUCE from 6 to five!!!

'rename "track" column
If getconfig("xtrackingcustomerread")="Yes" or getconfig("xtrackingcustomerwrite")="Yes" Then
fieldcount=fieldcount+1
Captions(fieldcount)="Msg."
Fields(fieldcount)="TRACK" ' keyword
end if

Air Armory - Airsoft
Go to Top of Page

Sew-N-2-U
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - April 17 2009 :  09:28:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help. I will take a stab at it. Would you happen to know the name for displaying Product would be called. i.e. ReportProductColumn?? I went into shoprestoreorder.asp and found ProductAddress. I just want the name of the product there so they know which order to open.
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks again,
Patty
Go to Top of Page

Admiral The X
VP-CART New User

USA
52 Posts

Posted - April 17 2009 :  10:04:59  Show Profile  Visit Admiral The X's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oops... forgot that was part of your question. i'm not at my comp right now but i'm pretty sure that the product is not par of the record set that is already open which is the order table. this means you need to make a new query to get the product. the other challange with this is there can be more than one product per order.

best way to go about this i guess would be to query the products in the order and output them to a string with line breaks between each. not hard... not simple either.

Air Armory - Airsoft
Go to Top of Page

Sew-N-2-U
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - April 17 2009 :  17:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooo...I am afraid this is over my head. I requested that someone customize it and got a quote, but haven't gotten a response back on getting started. Thought I might be able to do it, but I am still a newb.
Thanks for the help. If I get impatient, I might be back LOL
Patty

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00