Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

afcsoccer
Starting Member

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - July 23 2008 :  12:47:24  Show Profile  Visit afcsoccer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi , I was running 6.0 everything work great, only I wanted to have multiple images for the same product, vpasp support , recormend upgrade to 6.5, I did purchased the upgrade software, and unzip the file into different directory same domain, updated shop$config....and ofcouse it does not work....so I email vpasp support, they now said, 6.5 does not run on Linyx enviroment.....6.0 is fine but not 6.5... The reason I upgrade was because I want to have multiple images on the same product. Any suggestion other then move to a different web hosting.
Thank you.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 24 2008 :  00:17:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Neither version 650 or 600 are supported for Linux or Unix. We actually ceased supporting Unix with the release of version 600 so i am a bit surprised to hear 600 is actually working.

You could have the multiple images option custom coded back into your current version as an option.

If you use a program such as Winmerge and an html Editor with site search functionality such as EditPlus you may be able to migrate the changes from 650 into your current version.

Using Edit Plus locate all references in the code base to the extra image fields and then using winmerge move the relevant code across to your existing site.

It will be a bit more involved than this but this is the general gist.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

afcsoccer
Starting Member

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - July 24 2008 :  12:01:26  Show Profile  Visit afcsoccer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will give it a try , thank you....
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 24 2008 :  14:46:32  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're after multiple images per product (with no limit), but need it to be backward compatible with 6.0x (it also works with 6.5, assuming 6.5 itself works on the server), have a look at:
VP-ASP Image Zooming and Multiple Images:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=91

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

afcsoccer
Starting Member

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - July 25 2008 :  13:43:49  Show Profile  Visit afcsoccer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi , I am running on Linux server , 6.5 does not work on linux server..... anyway I do like your add-on, however I do not want to open another browser when customer want to see additional images..... Is it possible to keep on the same page which is tmp_product page, with no new window open up.
Many people have popup blocker.....
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - July 25 2008 :  15:22:36  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It depends on what you want to do with the images; do you just want to display multiple smallish images without those images being linked to larger ones, or something else?

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)