What's New in 7.0
VPASP 7.0 is looking to be the most exciting release yet! We have listened to you, our customers, and have put together a package that is both packed with features and also caters to the highest levels of security.
We have made many changes to the VPASP system, some small and some big.
Some of the really exiciting ones are:
- VPASP makes PCI Compliance a much simpler and straight forward process for merchants
- We are now almost completely CSS based for the store display!
- A new powerful Content Management System to give you complete control over your entire site
- A complete Intranet/Extranet system ideal for schools, hostpitals or similar institutions with multiple logins and offering different levels of access to certain areas.
- Plus much much more...
- And don't forget the massive array of features we already support in our current versions which 7.0 will also be able to offer. You can view these on our VPASP Features page
VPASP Makes PCI Compliance a breeze!
With the increased security requirements for trading online we have rebuilt the way our check out system and administration console works.
This means that gaining PCI Certification will be that much simpler as we have ticked most of the boxes for you already.
You will be able to run your PCI scans against our default software and pass any tests for the cart component.
For more information on this please see our PCI security page at:
We are now CSS based!
That's right. Our front end code is now almost completely CSS based!
High on a lot of customers wish lists has for a long time been to have VPASP go boldly down the CSS path for greater accessibility and design flexibility. We listened and have produced what we are confident is an easy to use and highly flexible design platform for both web designers and business people.
With VPASP now being almost completely CSS formatted you can easily develop stunning looking sites that also comply to W3C standards.
Version 7.0 introduces a brand new shop front interface, with an extrememly professional and clean look and feel so straight out of the box you can have a fantastic looking site to represent your business online.
New Powerful Content Management System - blogs, latest news, articles plus more!
VPASP 700 now has a powerful new Content Management System add-on available that allows you to expand your site to become a true online shopping mega store. With a number of amazing utilities the VPASP CMS provides you with extreme flexibility over the look and feel of your site.
Home Page Manager:
The Home Page Manager allows you to select what elements you want to want to display on your site. Don't want the categories to display at the top of the page? Easy fixed. With a click of your mouse you can move any element on the home page to a new location or even hide it altogether!
You can also easily add a completely new look to VP-ASP 700 by simply updating the Template option in the Home Page Manager.
Keep in touch with your customers and increase your SEO rankings using our new Blog Manager.
You can now write a blog and have people post feedback directly on the article page, you can either display the comments or review before posting live.
One of the most powerful Search Engine Optmisation tools today are blogs. By keeping a current blog and having relevant content for your site you can push your rankings up.
Visitors can view previous articles and post comments directly on your site.
Our brand new News Manager allow you to create articles that can be set to display by date, archive old news articles, display articles on the home page plus more!
Powerful Image Asset Manager
The powerful Asset Manager now allows you to have complete control over the images you use on the site. You can upload new images or browse existing images directly on the server and select which one to use. As site owner you can upload the approved images for your data entry people to use for ensuring corporate standards are retained.
Customer Group Manager
VP-ASP 7.0 now has a very powerful new weapon in its armoury called the Customer Group Manager. This new tool gives you unprecedented control over how your site operates. Who can see what, and even for how long.
News articles, Blogs, products and content can now be associated with specific or grouped user logins so you can have private targeted content. For example a school might use this feature so they can have different content displayed to teachers as compred to what students can see.
You can also easily create discount groups using almost any criteria. For example, do you want to offer 10% discounts to everyone who has spent over $500 on your store? Just create a new group using our Query Builder and anyone in this group will be able to get the special discount.
Or you may have a time limited membership product that when people purchase will give them access to restricted content on your site. Easily create a membership group based on a specific product being purchased and for a set amount of time!
New features & improvements
Listed below is a summary of some of the changes we are introducing with VPASP 7.0 on top of the hundreds of already existing powerful e-commerce features:
- Content Manangement
- Control the look and feel of your home page elements
- Blog Manager - start a blog and watch your search engine rankings start to rise!
- News Manager - post news articles on your site
- Restrict content pages to specific users or user groups for intranet/extranet or resllers and wholesalers
- Powerful image asset manager to allow managing of images on server for use throughout site. Either upload a new image or select an image already on the server for use in products, categories or content pages.
- List articles by category
- Site wide search tool
- YouTube movie display - explode sales by using YouTube's movie display to reach straight to your customers!
- Design Enhancements
- CSS code base
- New look and feel
- W3C compliant
- All styles and formating code moved to single stylesheet for front end design flexibility
- Multiple image display available by default on product extended description pages
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Tools
- Google Site Map Generator
- Ability to set meta tag descriptions for products, categories and content
- Ability to spider multiple product page listings instead of only first page
- Integration with ISAPI Rewrite for control over page names
- Enhanced SEO Static Page Generator system
- Google Base Feed Generator built in
- Search Engine Friendly folder and file names - NEW
- Extra Security
for PCI Compliance
- Admin Login Encrypted to add extra secure protection for admin users
- Customer data entry pages SSL protected by default if site using SSL
- Admin audit trail
- Marketing Improvements
- Predictive searching. Have a list of items appear on the page for the customer to select from as they enter their search terms
- Cross Selling by categories - add an entire category for cross product marketing. Create a category for specials and easily have this show on some or all product pages to highlight special items.
- Easy Shopping - Able to order cross selling items with main product with a single click
- Latest Products - Display newly added items on home page by date
- Improved wishlist functionality
- Ability to create Product Bundles for gift hampers, special offers etc
- Customer Experience Improvements
- Web 2.0 Image display features
- Tabbed display for full description breakdown
- Meet local tax requirement laws - Ability to display price with and without Tax/GST/VAT
- Quick Search using AJAX to allow for instant result display
- Ability to store shopping cart items between visits saving your customers from having to re-add items again
- Functionality Improvements
- Optimised handling of large databases in administration
- Improved display for large data sets to easily distinguish between records
- Stock Control
- Auto notify via email when stock becomes available
- Multi Language Enhancements
- Translatable meta tags for improved multi language SEO performance
- Administration task improvements
- Import Manager - easily import data from any data source and convert it on the fly into VPASP compatible format. - coming soon as a module!!
- Admin data search improved
- Ability to add surcharge to orders depending on credit card used to meet payment changes for Australian merchants
- Online template editor - update the look of any template now through the admin instantly
- Improved Shipping
- Ability to create advanced shipping configuration settings including shipping by state
- Downloadable products excluded from shipping
- Display your shipping options using AJAX for quicker checkout
- Enhanced reporting experience through the use of Flash so you can easily see your results in an dynamic and attractive format
- The VPASP 7.0 Installer Wizard makes getting 7.0 set up a very simple and straight forward process. The Wizard will walk you through exactly what is needed to install VPASP 7.0 and makes it simple enough even for complete novices to get strarted in no time!
* NOTE: Some of the new features above are only available in the Plus and Deluxe Pacs or as a separate module. Once VPASP 7.0 goes live to see a breakdown of what package has what feature please see our comparison page