Templates form a large part of VP-CART, especially with the Option Package. Templates are plain HTML files or plain text files. These are used to merge information from the database to create a file that is either displayed on the browser or emailed.
- Templates are used to format products
- Templates are used to format a specific product extended description
- Templates can be extreme productivity aids
- Templates can be used for dynamic site content
- Templates are used to mail merchant and customer
- Templates are used to mail affiliates and suppliers with other mailings
- Template files can be called anything but a set of default names and files are provided
- Different product templates can be used on a category by category basis
- Different product templates can be used on a product by product basis for extended descriptions.
Please refer to the VP-CART User Manual for further understanding of templates.