|The top influences that drive visitors to online stores|
Sunday, December 9, 2012
How many hours per week do you spend marketing your online store? One, Two, Ten? However long you spend, perhaps the hardest decision to make is how to distribute your time amongst the various forms of exposure.
Most people still spend the longest on search engine optimization (and rightly so), but with newer channels coming along such as Facebook and Twitter, is can be difficult to decide which online sources should treated as priority.
The guys at Internet Retailer recently carried out a survey on online consumers asking then which were the biggest influences in leading them to retail websites:
- INTERNET SEARCH RESULTS (SEO) – 43%
- SEARCH RESULTS SHOWING LOCAL LISTINGS – 37%
- EMAIL FROM RETAILERS WHERE THEY HAVE OPTED IN – 34%
- RATINGS AND REVIEWS FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS – 32%
- GROUP BUYING (I.E. LIVING SOCIAL, GROUPON) – 30%
- DISPLAY ADS (PPC)– 23%
- MOBILE APPS – 19%
- FACEBOOK – 17%
- TEXT MESSAGES FOM MERCHANTS – 13%
- TWITTER – 11%
If you have any questions about our SEO Toolkit let us know via our contact form.
Did you find this article helpful? If yes, help us by sharing it via the social media links below: