The Benefits of an FAQ Page And How to Do It Right
One the easiest ways of earning your customers trust is having a perfectly structured FAQ page on your website, we can all agree that customers like to ask questions but one thing you might not know yet is that customers are always looking for self-service options that let them work through issues and answer questions on their own instead of having to go through a support channel like phone or email. Research shows that 90% of consumers expect you as a brand or organization to offer self-service customer support portal, and 60% of the consumers have a more favorable view of the brand if the self-service offering is mobile-responsive. Additional data shows that 35% of consumers prefer self-service over human contact and that 82% feel call centers are unnecessary and stressful.
So What is FAQ?
An FAQ, or Frequently Asked Questions, the page allows for visitors to find answers to all their questions in one place. Not only does it make life easier for your website visitors, but it also saves your company time and resources because you don’t have as many clients contacting you for answers.
Some of the benefits?
- Saves time.
We live in a fast-paced world, so it important to remember that your customers are very busy people and they don’t have the time to search through your website, page after page to source for information about who you are, what you can offer, and how much you intend to charge for your products/services. So the FAQ page can help you put all the basic information in one place, saving you and your customer time while compelling them to make the right decision of doing business with you.
- Drive Conversion rate
You really don’t have to get so detailed or you might confuse your customers, throw in enough professional terminology to demonstrate your knowledge and authority in the field but allow them to browse through many different questions that have already been asked to find the right one to fit their needs. This ensures their visitors can find the answer they need and this can be a very good opportunity to create internal links on your website which point to product and service pages related to appropriate questions. This improves ranking and drives conversion
- Customer Relationship Management
The FAQ allows you the avenue to express your personality to the customer. It is a generally accepted fact that personality is important when creating relationships with an audience in this case your prospective customers. The FAQ page gives you the opportunity to get creative. By answering questions that are helpful to the customers and appeals to their sensitivity.
- Opportunity to Improve your SEO
Appropriately using keywords throughout the pages of your website is important for boosting both your SEO and your online ranking. With more ways for you to effectively use keywords on your website, the more improved your SEO will be. The FAQ page is one way to improve your SEO and greatly increases your website traffic.
Using the actual questions that the customers might ask as the headers for your FAQ page improves your SEO, which in turn helps you rank higher in a search engine results listing and bring more traffic to your website.
- Improved Customer Confidence
The FAQ page helps you establish trust easily with your customer because it shows that you understand the complications and issues your target audience may be facing and you’re willing to help them out. It also shows that you are open about your answers and not trying to hide or conceal anything.
How to get it Right?
- a. The first step is to start with the most common questions you are emailed about, then you can work down to the more technical, less frequently asked questions. If you have a support team, you might want to ask them about the common complaints or questions they usually get from your customers, if you use external support for customer service, you may want to reach out to them to get their perspective on your customers’ most common questions and concerns.
- b. Be proactive, consider some of the common obstacles to purchase your customers might be facing, and then think about how you can help them overcome those objections to purchasing. This could be things like uncertainty around your return policy, questions about Hidden cost implications, product quality, or delivery time. Provide as much detail as you can to these types of questions.
- c. Always keep it simple, simple language with an informative tone. No need for jargon or lingo that your readers would not understand. Keep your answers simple and clear, using the words your customers have used within their questions. You want to keep the interest of the reader to try to make it conversational and fun, remember this is an opportunity for the customers to have a feel of your personality so don’t let them down.
- d. Incorporate pictures and screenshots, when relevant, try to incorporate photos or screenshots of processes to demonstrate exactly how to execute different processes or to illustrate answers with greater clarity. Words paired with strong visuals speed up comprehension for your readers.
- e. Make sure the information is original. Do not reuse the same content from your product or About Us pages.
Setting up a well-planned FAQ page can help you gain the customer’s confidence, when the customers find out that their questions are answered properly on your site, they are more likely to buy from you as the trustworthy company who offered insightful, free information without a sales pitch.