PayPal offers Aussie and Kiwi VPASP users great bonus
I was at the Internet Retailers trade show in Sydney, Australia in July and met up with Richard Brock from PayPal while there.
After a good chat about the Australian market and where it is going Richard suggested a joint bonus offering to Aussie and Kiwi VPASP merchants.
The Aussie and Kiwi online ecommerce market is growing quickly and has a huge potential for merchants. Especially if the National Broadband Network (NBN) gets up and running in Australia. For those who have not heard of this the Aussie government is looking to invest $43 billion in a new high speed (100Mbps) broadband system. This will turn virtually every household in Australia into potential customers.
As internet speeds increase more and more tools will become available for merchants, such as video streaming, to help boost sales.
As an aside I am seeing a lot more sites using video now. Is anyone actively considering video as a sales tool for their site? Or are you using video already and has it helped?
Some interesting Aussie facts for you...
- The Australian consumer ecommerce market is expected to reach $33.8 billion by 2012
- In the last six months alone the average consumer spent $1,223 on online shopping, an increase of $130 from the second half of 2009.
- At the end of December 2009, there were 9.1 million active internet subscribers in Australia.
- 90% of internet connections now being non dial-up.
- With the growing number of higher download speed connection, 62% of access connections having a download speed of 1.5Mbps or greater
What does all this mean for you? Well, from how I see it there is a lot of potential out there for those who are prepared to reach out and grab with both hands.
So where do we come in? We want to help new merchants, and existing ones, with a little early Christmas present courtesy of PayPal.
We are offering $100 AUD credit to every qualifying VP-ASP customer who will
- start receiving payments to their PayPal account
- will receive $500 or over by 30 September 2010
- to be eligible your PayPal account should have received no payments whatsoever
To see more and sign up please see our PayPal Bonus page
There are some terms and conditions to go with the PayPal bonus.