|Last Minute Holiday Season Tips for Ecommerce Stores|
Thursday, November 28, 2013
The biggest shopping weekend of the year is here, Black Friday & Cyber Monday are upon us and you should have hopefully prepared your store for the rush!
- Add strong call to action banners on your homepage, make sure visitors know you are having a sale and that they can access sale items quickly. It may be a good idea to create a new ‘Holiday Deals’ Category which contains all of your sale products.
- If you have created special holiday coupons MAKE SURE YOU TEST THEM! Again and again, you don’t want customers spending 20 minutes loading up their cart with your products just to abandon them because their 10% off coupon isn't working.
- Send emails – Shoppers will be receiving more emails than ever over the weekend so ensure your subject line stands out from the competition to maximize open rates. Read this great article on the art of email subject lines.
- Set up Facebook & Twitter exclusive deals – Reward your loyal social media followers with exclusive offers, this will also attract new followers / fans.
- Bump up customer service – More shoppers mean more queries so ensure you are prepared, whether you use live chat, telephone, email or all three, good customer service is vital. Make sure you have a clear FAQ page so customers can find the answer to most queries themselves without having to contact you. Also, if you are running free shipping / return offers, ensure the terms are clearly outlined.