Benefits of SMS Marketing To Small Businesses
Texting is quickly becoming a universal channel to reach customers in every industry, from retail and service to healthcare and media. Gartner reports shows that texting is the highest priority form of communication and a highly preferred one. In fact, people are now sending more texts than emails. The average consumer sends 15 texts per day compared to 12 emails, or roughly 25 percent more text messages.
As more brands look to target customers on the move, SMS is becoming an increasingly essential part of effective multi-channel marketing. However, with few digital marketing agencies featuring SMS as a core offering, their clients are potentially missing out on communications with customers and increased ROI.
In this post, we will be discussing the benefits of using SMS in your marketing mix and discuss why SMS should be used in a communications mix as well as looking at how it can be used as part of a multi-channel strategy for engaging with customers across the customer lifecycle.
Here are the key benefits of SMS marketing:
Higher overall engagement rates
- Text messages have higher response and engagement rates compared to emails and phone calls. In our 2019 State of Texting report, 74% of consumers said they respond to a text message from a business in under an hour, while only 41% said the same for email.
- Trackable and manageable
- Most SMS marketing platforms are user friendly and provide basic reporting, making it easy to deploy and track campaigns. Clicksend offers a user-friendly solution that makes it easy to be up and running with text marketing in no time.
- Interactive content
- Mobile messaging allows businesses to gather feedback and provide additional resources to customers. Instructing customers to reply with keywords and/or providing landing page links are simple ways to incorporate content marketing into text campaigns.
- Instant message delivery
- Within minutes of deploying a text marketing campaign, you can have hundreds of clicks. Many platforms show exactly when your message was delivered, you so can ensure your customers are getting them.
- You can increase customer engagement
Think of SMS as a way to enhance how your brand engages with your customers across the entire customer lifecycle. Businesses should remember to vary the type of content they send out - while customers may value updates and news on forthcoming developments within the brand, this information is best delivered via email where longer, more creative messaging is more appropriate.
Although marketers may feel that texting is invasive, many consumers are now familiar with text from when using local services like dentists, garages, or hairdressers, or public services.
Additionally, brands can use texting for more immediate, expected sales-related offers such as vouchers, discounts, promotions or even birthday messages.
- Response data enables you to monitor, track and improve
Tracking meaningful ROI, identifying customers engaging via text message and monitoring delivery rates are all possible through SMS revealing the realities to the misconception of SMS being an untrackable channel and bringing it more in line with what has been possible with email for years.
By using these analytics, businesses can create further targeted campaigns and continually build a better understanding of their mobile database. Not only does it mean they save money and improve ROI but by profiling and segmenting out numbers that are least likely to respond, SMS allows a company to target those customers via email or another channel.
How to Send Pin Number Using SMS For your VPCart 9
As you know VPCart has a feature called Pin Numbers that allows you to have a PIN number sent to your customer at the completion of their purchase.