||7 Free SEO Tools for Your Ecommerce Website
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Search engine optimization for shopping cart software is a topic I often write about as I feel it is one of the most important factors in marketing your online business.
SEO is a huge subject area and one that moves faster than most people can keep up with. Luckily there are several free tools available which can aid you in keeping on top of your online store's SEO.
1. Google Analytics
- Most of you should already be using this but if you aren't, GET IT NOW!
Google Analytics is THE tool for tracking the metrics of your ecommerce store. I could write 10 blog posts on what GA is and how to use it but there is plenty of information and how-to guides available on the Internet.
2. Google Webmaster Tools
- This is Google Analytics' slightly geekier brother and helps with the more technical side of your website. Again, a Google search will bring lots of user guides for this very powerful, free tool.
3. HubSpot Marketing Grader
- Receive a fast, free online assessment of your current marketing and receive suggestions for improvement.
4. Robots.txt Checker
- If you are using a robots.txt file in your online store then use this site to highlight any errors and tips on how to fix them. A simple but effective tool.
5. SEO Site Checkup
- This is a great tool which performs a thorough 'SEO Health Check' on your website. There are lots of areas the tool checks on and it highlights the most important ones which have the most effect on your SEO.
6. Get Listed
- Only useful for those of you with a brick and mortar store, Get Listed provides you with the top online directories where you can register your store. Go there now and make sure you have a 100% listing score!
7. SEO Browser
- This tool allows you to see your website like a search engine sees it, so you can ensure you have optimized meta tags, <h1> tags and clear keyword placement.
As usual, please leave any comments below.