|20 Ways To Market Your Store and Products|
Sunday, May 29, 2016
Recently, the American Marketing Association defined "Marketing" as "the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large". The techniques used in marketing include choosing target markets through market analysis and market segmentation, as well as understanding methods of influence on the consumer behaviour. Below, we provide you with 20 ways to market your store and products for 2016.
SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING
- 1) Stand Out on Comparison Shopping Engines : Price driven shoppers often use comparison shopping engines to make a purchase these days. Some of the top Shopping Engines are :
- 2) Get On Google Places : Google Places is Google’s answer to the good old yellow pages, and yes even if you haven't made a dime, you're going to want to be found on Google Places.
- 3) Leverage the Yahoo! and Bing Network : Learn how to use paid search ads on the Yahoo! and Bing Network to drive targeted traffic to your store.
- 4) Get Search Engine Optimized (SEO) : Search engine optimization (SEO) is often considered by some as the holy grail of Internet marketing. Leverage Meta Title, Meta Description, and Meta Keywords via Admin Panel. You may want to read about "Best SEO Practices".
- 5) Learn from Web Analytics : Analytics will show you what your customers are doing on your site, on which web pages they leave your site, and in some cases how long they have been a customer. The best Analytics' tool will be Google's Analytics. Did you know that you can add Google's Analytics code to VPCart ?
- 6) Be Accessible on Mobile Devices : One way to gain an edge on your competition and be accessible by consumers on whatever device they decide to use is to make sure your current website is mobile friendly or create a separate mobile site. VPCart Version 8 is fully responsive and mobile friendly. To request for a free trial of VPCart Version 220.127.116.11 (latest), you may go to https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/free-trial.htm
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- 7) Make Friends on Facebook : Befriend your friends and their friends and start updating FB's status with your products and store's news. Engage as much as possible.
- 8) Network on LinkedIn : Create a business profile and start leveraging LinkedIn groups.
- 9) Get Busy on YouTube : Start posting videos about your company, store, products. Funny and interesting videos are also a crowd puller.
- 10) Spark Conversations on Twitter : Strategically engage potential followers and customers with your tweets.
- 11) Inspire with Pinterest : Pinterest can be a huge driver of traffic. Snap and post your products on Pinterest and start inspiring potential customers to start following your pins.
- 12) Work It on Instagram : Instagram is quickly becoming one of the best platforms for online store owners to build an audience with. Start posting interesting and engaging photos with proper hashtags. You can even run contests and promotions on Instagram.
- 13) Take Advantage Of Tumblr : Add content and build links back to your store with Tumblr. Free advertisement.
- 14) Get Going with Tradeshows : Trade shows can have a profound impact on your business, especially if you’re the manufacturer or source of your own products.
- 15) Go Door to Door : This might be one of the most overlooked startup techniques known to earthlings. But it actually can work for digital, subscription, and physical products.
- 16) Use Print Ads : In the age of online advertising where you can calculate your return on investment to the penny, suggesting print advertising may seem quite unusual. That's exactly why we're suggesting it.
- 17) Sponsor an Event : Sponsoring events is an age old form of marketing that can be really a hit or miss. Even sponsoring a local charity or your child's school events (your child's Parents and Teachers Association meeting will be great for starters) will grab that much needed attention.
- 18) Distribute Flyers : Even with the popularity of internet marketing, flyers and direct mail are still effective ways to make sales, especially that tricky and often allusive first one.
- 19) Outdoor Advertising : If you're really hungry for that first sale and traditional online methods aren't yielding any results, offline methods like billboards, human billboards, pet billboards, and vehicle billboards among others can be your holy grail.
- 20) Talk To People : Dial that number of your family and friends and talk to them about your store and products. There are millions of people who swear that there is nothing more powerful than the ultimate "Word-of-mouth" marketing. If you are good at talking and marketing to strangers via phone calls, perhaps cold calls will work for you too.