Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Credit card fraud and hackers
 How to stop fake reviews
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - April 01 2017 :  13:01:22  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From time to time I get fake reviews on some of my items.

I set the reviews to be approved before they show but the fake reviews continue to appear.

I even hide an item that was used by these people and the fake review continue to come.

Is there any way to set up the reviews so when someone want to write one the person must be logged in as an existing customer?

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - April 06 2017 :  14:11:02  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try to change the ''xcaptchamethod'' configuration from webwiz to recaptcha which is more secure and harder for spambot

*peace - serj*
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - April 08 2017 :  12:42:06  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you serjtankian,

I did that let''s see if that will work.
Go to Top of Page

danielrichardson
VP-CART Super User

Australia
276 Posts

Posted - April 10 2017 :  08:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe recaptcha can prevent your issue
Go to Top of Page

soncci
VP-CART New User

USA
97 Posts

Posted - April 13 2017 :  12:49:28  Show Profile  Visit soncci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did not work the suggestion from serjtankian.

The reviews are still coming from that same item that is hide right now with links to advertisement. Never click on the links and never will but it is annoing to have to delete those everytime I login.

danielrichardson what is "recaptcha" ?

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Alex123
VP-CART Super User

USA
223 Posts

Posted - August 30 2018 :  16:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The following Helpnote will be useful for your to enable CAPTCHA on your website.

https://helpnotes.vpcart.com/userguide800/#!Documents/mailformprotection.htm

Alex
Go to Top of Page

MichaelHayes
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - December 03 2022 :  17:47:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soncci

I set the reviews to be approved before they show but the fake reviews continue to appear.

I even hide an item that was used by these people and the fake review continue to come.

Is there any way to set up the reviews so when someone want to write one the person must be logged in as an existing customer?

If fake reviews are still coming so the only thing you can do is just to ignore them.
Go to Top of Page

GrayBlaze
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - December 07 2022 :  18:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by soncci

I even hide an item that was used by https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/how-to-get-rid-of-gyno-aka-moobs-best-otc-supplements-for-gynecomastia-news-238274 these people to get rid of gyno and the fake review continue to come.

Yeah you should ignore them the best you can do it is ignoring fake reviews!

Edited by - GrayBlaze on December 22 2022 07:31:50
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00