Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart Hosting
 Hosting site that has stable application pool
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jack208
VP-CART New User

Malaysia
116 Posts

Posted - April 19 2015 :  03:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I host my VPASP 7.0 webstore on a shared hosting. Obviously the ASP application pool is shared and lately my store is very unstable, frequent downtime (Siteuptime reported just 60% uptime) and I''ve to keep asking them to recycle the application pool to bring the store back up again.

They tried moving the store to a lesser loaded server, but the downtime still persists though less frequent.

Is there anyone who''s hosting your VPASP store on a reliable hosting provider? Am considering doing a switch since I''m now upgrading to VPCart 8.0.

My store runs on MSSQL.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 19 2015 :  04:52:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jack

You need to have a dedicated app pool and not shared. Otherwise you will have problems.

Can your host set this up for you?

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Support
Go to Top of Page

jack208
VP-CART New User

Malaysia
116 Posts

Posted - April 19 2015 :  05:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, dun think so since those are shared hosting environment. Is the VPASP Hosting on dedicated app pool?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 19 2015 :  06:40:44  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We put all domains into their own app pools.

Thanks!

Cam Flanigan
VPCart Support
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - April 19 2015 :  16:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless you''ve got your own server I would use the VPASP hosted service.

Regards,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

motonet
VP-CART New User

Spain
79 Posts

Posted - April 23 2015 :  09:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.
I´ve change to my own managed VPS Windows Server 2008, terminal server (RDP), Plesk Panel, RAM 2GB, dedicated IP, support by mail, phone, chat...and more The change is more than notable. I should have changed before. Since I configured it, 99,99% uptime. If you earn money with your site, this is a must or as Mark suggests, VPASP hosted service.
I suggest too, a service like uptimerobot, monitorizes your web, it´s free, reliable, and you (and anybody else you want) are informed almost instantly if your web is down, and when is up again.

Saludos
Diego
Go to Top of Page

jbutt
VP-CART New User

USA
56 Posts

Posted - April 23 2015 :  22:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Diego,

Are you hosting it onsite or with another hosting provider? Just curious what your setup runs (cost)?

John
Go to Top of Page

motonet
VP-CART New User

Spain
79 Posts

Posted - April 24 2015 :  09:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John. Since we are in Spain we have a hosting provider here. We considered to host our site with VPCART. Knowing the way they take care of customers, I think is a good option, with a good price, but in our case, we evaluated convenient to host our site "near here", with a support team that speaks the same language...
We pay 347€/year. No set-up fees and scalable.

30GB disk space, of which aproximately 20GB are ocupied by windows, so actual space are 7-10 GB

Apart from that, you have to consider a dedicated SSL certificate.

Saludos
Diego
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00