Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart Hosting
 Two Stores Same Site - Share a database?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jazzbrew
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  07:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to have to different stores hosted on the same server/url and make them point to the same database? I''m working for a client who wants to give the appearance to two stores but wants to manage products in one database (in this case Access). She just wants the look and feel of the store front, items, checkout to be different.

Thanks very much. Hopefully I posted this in the right place.

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  09:09:56  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe you can refer to this

http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/kb/604-Tips-and-Tricks/993-How-to-run-multiple-sites-on-the-one-database-in-VPASP-70/

*serj*
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - July 10 2014 :  08:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi , this is perfectly feasible , i have been running 4 different URL stores off the one database for year
been a while since i set up , well years ago , but i seem to remember have different "configuration" file for each store helps a lot

have fun , its certainly great having multiple stores and only one admin
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - July 11 2014 :  10:20:45  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
but i think weakness of the ''single'' database is when the database down, all stores will down also, this quite makes frustrating

that''s why i''m not too eager to run single database for multiple stores

*serj*
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 13 2014 :  21:00:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am with Bluesky.

The advantages of running multiple sites off the one database are many. The most significant being able to manage your products and orders from a single admin console.

You have a great deal of flexibility in how you display your products as well:

1. Show products in all sites
2. Show products in some sites but not others
3. Have each site set up with unique products

Having one database means you can share the customer logins across your sites as well. You can set up different business rules in the Customer Group feature as well to manage how customers are dealt with as well.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - July 17 2014 :  03:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
admin and guys here. i like to know if that is possible for me to making two sites using one access db, but both sites are on different servers. what is the cost to tweak this for me ? or any you have idea for me ?
diego
Go to Top of Page

ryo_best
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - October 03 2015 :  03:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think if you are using mysql then it can be done easily, but never try with access, as long as you can access that DB server I think it can be done, maybe for access can use ODBC ?
Go to Top of Page

danielrichardson
VP-CART Super User

Australia
276 Posts

Posted - October 14 2015 :  11:39:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and if use access for database, we can''t use database caching for speed up processing data.
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - October 20 2015 :  19:44:44  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
access is easy but it''s not good for large database, and also the concern is always the speed

*serj*
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00