Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-Cart Hosting
 Stopping SPAM via VP-ASP Hosted Email
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karenafox
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - September 21 2011 :  10:21:43  Show Profile  Visit karenafox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've gone in and set the spam filter all the way up to 7 and obvious SPAM is still getting through. Is there any other way to filter SPAM within VP-ASP that my client company can use for its 10 email adddresses? They'd prefer a server solution vs. a client solution as some of their people aren't computer savvy at all.

Thanks--Karen

Karen Fox
[email protected]
NovelTalk.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 21 2011 :  20:39:09  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Karen,

We offer an anti spam system called grey listing. This will knock out about 95% of spam and then the last 5% can be filtered using the Spam Assassin system.

If you would like to trial this just submit a ticket in our helpdesk at:

https://helpdesk.vpasp.com

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

karenafox
Starting Member

USA
18 Posts

Posted - September 22 2011 :  18:17:19  Show Profile  Visit karenafox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does it result in duplicate emails for all the good ones?

Karen

Karen Fox
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 22 2011 :  22:22:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, it will not create a duplicate email.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - September 23 2011 :  21:26:58  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I feel I must interject with my own experience. We were having massive SPAM problems with VPASP hosted email. When they turned on the greylisting, we had many emails get rejected or intercepted improperly. Order Aknowledgements were not coming through, as well as other known good email. We also had many issues with outgoing emails being rejected too. Once VPASP turned this off, these issues went away.

That being said, they did do a lot more tweeking and eliminated a lot of the incoming SPAM while allowing standard emails to come in and out.

Redco Audio
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - September 24 2011 :  07:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you can imagine we get a hell of a lot of spam which we can't block as the words spam blockers use would also block a lot of our genuine emails. The only thing I feel you cam do with spam is ignore it and have good anti virus software to check and block attachments.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - September 24 2011 :  19:24:34  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Agreed, Steve. Filters in email programs do work very well once set up and can eliminate most spam as it comes in. Otherwise, just delete what you can and, as Steve recommended, make sure a good anti-virus is stopping attachments that are more than just annoying.

Redco Audio
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00