Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Search Engine Optimisation
 URL RE-WRITING
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

technohead
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - October 10 2008 :  10:14:55  Show Profile  Visit technohead's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do I go about doing this? Is this a massive job? I have a small amount of programming experience, but not especially in ASP.

Has anyone done this themselves with success? How much will this process improve my SEO campaign?

Many Thanks

ianphillips
Starting Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - October 15 2008 :  11:18:27  Show Profile  Visit ianphillips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
goto www.horses-ponies.co.uk

It uses URL rewriting. It is a pretty complex art and took us some time to rewrite the VPASP files but it has made a hige difference so is well worth it.

We do offer a development service if you need help goto www.southerncreative.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

technohead
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - October 16 2008 :  06:33:54  Show Profile  Visit technohead's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen your site. This is exactly how we want our site to appear. Did you do this work yourself, or did you get someone external to do this? Do you need certain VPASP plugins. Or is it just re-coding? How can I find out to do the re-coding myself?

Cheers
Sean
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 21 2008 :  12:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need something like ISAPI_Rewrite. This needs to be installed on your server and that is where you may fail.

You will most likely need root access to the server and if you are on a shared server your host probably wont allow the software to be installed.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop
Go to Top of Page

cijeho
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - April 10 2009 :  20:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianphillips

goto www.horses-ponies.co.uk

It uses URL rewriting. It is a pretty complex art and took us some time to rewrite the VPASP files but it has made a hige difference so is well worth it.

We do offer a development service if you need help goto www.southerncreative.co.uk

I just went to your site; when you click on a product there is a red box that says buy now or find our more. Do you mean to say find out more? Just thought I'd mention it since it is on every product.
Go to Top of Page

ianphillips
Starting Member

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - June 17 2009 :  07:22:15  Show Profile  Visit ianphillips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The buy now or find out more is exatly what the customer can expect to find once they click so it is correct as to what the client should expect to find once they click
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - June 19 2009 :  10:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think what cijeho was referreing to was the word "out" is actually spelt "our" on your site. He was trying to be helpful.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00