Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 User Supplied Text
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

heuer
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 07 2004 :  05:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone please help me. How do I, and where do I go to change the User Supplied Text to display as a text area field and not only as a text field.

Will appreciate this alot.

Thanks
Heuer

VP-ASP 4.5

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 07 2004 :  07:02:32  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
text areas are done slightly differently to normal fields, a comparison would be:

<textarea name="f_text" cols="100" rows="10">YourTextHere</textarea>

(for a text-box/area, and...)

<input type="text" name="f_text" value="YourTextHere" size="100">

(for a normal field)

Hope that helps.
Which particular part are you trying to change ? (ie which form/field/page in vpasp?)

Edited by - devshb on February 07 2004 07:05:28
Go to Top of Page

heuer
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - February 08 2004 :  01:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks devshb,

I would like the "Allow User Text" on the Products admin page to be a Text area field for a more better information input.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 28 2004 :  07:07:54  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not quite sure why, but in v5 of vpasp the code that uses this (LangAllowUserText) is commented out in shopa_addproduct.asp, and it's not used anywhere else. I guess it must have been replaced in v5 by something else (or gotten rid of).

So, if you're using v4 or similar, I think you need to change shopa_addproduct.asp, and change the line...

PCreateRow LangAllowUserText,"strAllowUserText", strAllowUserText

to:
Response.write tablerow & tablecolumn & LangAllowUserText & tablecolumnend & "<td><Textarea rows=3 cols=40 name=strAllowUserText>" & strAllowUserText & "</textarea></td></tr>"

Edited by - devshb on February 28 2004 07:08:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00